Council for Biotechnology Information
Global Institute For Food Security
Performance Plants Inc.
Ag-West Bio Inc.
GE Healthcare Canada
Kingston Economic Devlopment (KEDCO)
Lafarge Canada Inc.
Ontario Agri-Food Technologies (OAFT)
Plant Biotech 2016
Mark your calendar! The Plant Biotech 2016 will be
held from June 19-21 at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario.
This will be a joint meeting with the Canadian
Association for Plant Biotechnology (CAPB). Queen's campus is within walking
distance to historic downtown Kingston,
situated on the scenic shores of eastern Lake Ontario at the mouth of the St. Lawrence
River and its nearby Thousand Islands. We are putting together an exciting program, so
be sure to check back regularly for updates to our list of invited speakers, themes,
and relevant information on registration, travel, and accommodation.
Confirmed plenary speakers:
- Dr. Roger Beachy, Founding Director, World Food Center, University of California at Davis
- Dr. Clint Chapple, Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University
- Dr. Janice Cooke, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, (CD Nelson Winner, CSPB)
- Dr. Jeff Habben, Senior Research Manager, Agronomic Traits, DuPont Pioneer USA
- Dr. Jiangxin Wan, Director of Research, Performance Plants Inc.
- Dr. Jin Suk Lee, Department of Biology, Concordia University
- Dr. Jacqueline Monaghan, Department of Biology, Queen's University
- Dr. Maurice Moloney, Executive Director and CEO, Global Institute for Food Security, University of Saskatchewan
- Dr. Barry Shelp, Department of Plant Agriculture, University of Guelph, (Gold Medal Winner, CSPB)
- Dr. Jian Kang Zhu, Director, Shanghai Center for Plant Stress Biology, Shanghai, China. Departments of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture and Biochemistry, Purdue University
- Dr. Wayne Snedden (Chair), Queen's University
- Dr. Yafan Huang, Performance Plants
- Dr. Abdelali Hannoufa, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Dr. Kenton Ko, Queen's-resize University
- Dr. Bill Plaxton, Queen's University
- Dr. Sharon Regan, Queen's University
- Dr. Gary Tian, GT Biotech
- Dr. Michael Stasiak, University of Guelph
We look forward to seeing you in June, 2016!
Inquiries can be directed to: - firstname.lastname@example.org